Here are some cute things Madilyn has done that I’m not sure if I’ve put on the blog yet:
• When she finds a hair … well, first of all, she can usually tell if it’s hers or mine due to the length … she’ll announce whose hair it is then if it’s hers, she’ll put it on top of her head (as if it will reroot), if it’s mine she’ll bring it to me. Gee, thanks!
• Madilyn uses her hands to eat yogurt, although she’s fully capable of using a spoon. Yes, it’s my fault for letting her do this, but normally I’m working at the computer and not really paying attention. Like right now.
• Sunday Madilyn was talking about her cousins whom we were about to see at church and said, “Brock, Sissy and Drew make me happy.” So sweet!
• Madilyn is using adjectives like beautiful and pretty now. She also uses the adverb “very” a lot. Everything’s “very hot” or “very good.”
• She likes to do as much as she can on her own and if you ask her, “Can I help you?” She’ll say, “No, my help you,” which means, “I’ll help myself!”
• She’s learning to sing along to the Wonder Pets soundtrack we play in the car. I think she seriously knows more of the words than I do. It’s so sweet to hear her sing.
• One of the funniest things she does right now is hard to describe. You’d have to hear it. If she’s in another room and I want to check on her, I’ll say, “You OK?” She’ll reply at the top of her lungs, “YEAH I’M OK YEAH I OK SURE MOM I OK” with like four or five indiscernible words thrown in the mix.